Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mailing Books to a FBA Center

In recent weeks I have conducted an experiment in delivery times to FBA fulfilment centers across the country.

One thing surprised me. A major towns UPS Store added three whole days to delivery time over my usual drop off at a mailbox store.

We had two boxes of books going from here in California to Chatanooga TN.

We mailed one box from a UPS store just seventy miles East of  my home town, the second box was mailed at a small mail box eental store in my home town, my regular drop off.

I expected the boxes to arrive on the same day. In reality my box posated at my regular drop off point arrived in Chatanooga two whole days earlier.

This is not so much of a problem if I had normal supplies of books, but if the books were time sensative for arrival, Holiday supplies for example, the extra delay takes away a whole week-end of possible sales. Seventy-two hours of money making opportunity.

From now on, I know I can rely on my more local drop -off point.

Try this experimeent for yourselves. Find the fastest point for UPS delivery. You maybe as surprised as I was at the three day difference in speed.

All the best with your sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment