Friday, February 7, 2014

Reasons to Consider Fulfilment by Amazon

Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a remarkable tool for the small business owner.


Since joining FBA wholeheartedly last year I have seen my online book selling business grow by multiples.


Books that had stood months on my shelves as a merchant fulfilled retailer, fly out of the Amazon fulfillment centers.


OK so costs, as in fees to Amazon have increased. I now allow abvout 33% of my selling price as a cost to cover fees.  That is up from about 25% as a merchant fulfilled seller.


Other costs have shrunk though.


I do not have storage problems.


I could not physically ship the volume of books per day that I now regularly ship.


Amazon cover the packing and delivery and offer a good retail experience.


I can go away from my business for a day or two anmd not come back to dozens of angry customers, waiting upon their orders.


I now only spend about ten hours per week actually working. Nine of those hours sourcing new stock and one hour packing and shipping consignment to an Amazon Fulfilment Center.


The system is fully expandable. It can create the business that you weant, you are in command of the ship, it is not in charge of you.


I can plan a schedule, no calls from customers to distract, no dealing with suppliers, for my business model.


FBA is just a fun way to manage a business. My only regret is that I didn't begin sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment